Windows Firewall: How to Specify The Local TCP Source Port for a Specific Application

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Windows Firewall: How to Specify The Local TCP Source Port for a Specific Application



I am working on a programming project and I need to be able to specify the tcp source port an application client will use when connecting to a server.



A comparable example/question would be how to I specify my Firefox browser to only be allowed to receive traffic on tcp source port 5555. So when I open my browser and go to www.google.com the tcp connection details will be 192.168.1.x:5555 to 216.239.32.20:443. I understand normally the source port is chosen randomly, but there has to be a way of specifying an application to only be allowed to open connections using a specific local port as the source.



I have tried to set an outbound rule in my Windows (8.1) Firewall binding an application, but with no luck :/. I must be missing something, does anyone have any suggestions?



I have a sneaking suspicion this actually needs to be an inbound rule, but I don't understand the reason.



Picture 1



Picture 2



Also, I did specify the specific program under the "Programs and Services" tab.









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard