Android Room and Expansion File

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Android Room and Expansion File



Is it possible to use Android Room with a database file as part of an expansion file instead of Assets?



I was just wondering because I have a large preloaded database and I want to save as much storage as possible. If I put the database in the Assets file, I cannot remove it from the APK, so I have both the database data duplicated in the APK and the database file in the device storage.




1 Answer
1



Yes, it is possible. Just make sure to copy the database file to the getDatabasePath folder, and do not overwrite it if it is already there.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard