Keycloak and an application (based on jhipster) on the same database (postgresql)

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Keycloak and an application (based on jhipster) on the same database (postgresql)



I start to develop a regular business application based on Spring Boot 2 and Angular 6 with Postgresql 10 as a database. I play a little bit with jhipster, so the stack will be similar to jhipster. In my application for the authentication I want to use keycloak. For my development I use docker compose, where keycloak is in the first container and postgresql in the second and keycloak container depends on postgresql container. My application needs a postgresql database too. Is it a good idea to use the same postgresql container for both tasks, for keycloak in the container and for my application running on the host? If yes the same database? If yes the same schema? Maybe it is good for development but not for production? For production the plan is to deploy the whole system to a cloud (99% it will be microsoft azure).



My experience is only in on-premise applications, dockers and clouds is a new story for me.



What do you think?



Thank you in advance,
Jacek









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard