Django Migrate command throwing ORA-00955 error

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Django Migrate command throwing ORA-00955 error



I have an oracle 12c existing database.


oracle 12c



I used inspectdb to create the django models. Most of the tables in the db dont have a primary key and I assume that if pk is not set explicitly, then Django would apply the id column as the primary key to the tables.


inspectdb


pk


id



Also, I have set managed=True on all my models so, Django should ideally be able to create the id column for its use.


managed=True


id



When I run makemigrations, I dont get any error. But when I run migrate after that I get the following error:-


makemigrations


return self.cursor.execute(query, self._param_generator(params))
django.db.utils.DatabaseError: ORA-00955:
name is already used by an existing object



Any clue why I am getting this error?





I don't know if this is relevant in your case but you might check code.djangoproject.com/ticket/24407.
– Bob Jarvis
Aug 6 at 16:42





I dont think I fully understand the solution. Also it is for pre 1.7, Django I am using is 2.7.
– KChow
Aug 6 at 18:32




1 Answer
1



Update:-



So, I found out that the issue was with the initial migration itself. Since, the tables were already existing in my case, it might have taken it as duplicate object names when trying to migrate the first time. I had to fake the initial migration so that it only checks if the tables exist for the models and if it does then migrate. Below is the command for the same. It worked perfectly and my initial migration was successful.


python manage.py makemigrations

python manage.py migrate --fake-initial






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard