Cpanel restore file code

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Cpanel restore file code



I am using CPANEL and there I edited and created my website directly.



I had php file with about 300 lines and somehow I changed encoding to something other than utf-8. When I changed it and saved it saved only first 10-20 lines of my file. I cannot redo (ctrl+z) to bring my code back.


utf-8



So my question is how to get lost file back? I haven't closed it yet so session is still valid. Please fast help. I know I will get downvote but I am in despair....




1 Answer
1



You may be lucky depending on backups...



If you go into the Files section and click Backups, then select the most recent backup where you know your file still existed in the correct state (before you made the encoding change).


Files


Backups



If you then save the file and unzip it, hopefully your file will be there and you will be able to re-upload it. Good luck!



In future, definitely develop offline and use source control then upload copies of your file to avoid this.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard