Will usepackage[UTF8]ctex change the appearance of my non-Chinese part Latex document?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Will usepackage[UTF8]ctex change the appearance of my non-Chinese part Latex document?



I'm very new with Latex. I'm using it to write a document and 70% of the content is English and left is Chinese. After some research I found just by adding usepackage[UTF8]ctex in the document, I can use Chinese in the document correctly. My question is, will usepackage[UTF8]ctex change the appearance of the non-Chinese part of the document? I can't see any big differences but I just want to confirm.


usepackage[UTF8]ctex


usepackage[UTF8]ctex





Welcome to TeX.SX!
– Stone-Zeng
55 mins ago





1 Answer
1



It will change the scheme, for example, the section name will be centered instead of ragged right.



However, you may use the scheme=plain to support Chinese only, without changing the appearance.


scheme=plain



The default is scheme=chinese, and the following things will be changed:


scheme=chinese


Figure


indentfirst



You may find more details in ctex's document (unfortunately only Chinese version is available).





Thank you for the explanation. I'll take a look at the ctex doc.
– Ogrish Man
30 mins ago






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard