How do I use System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting in .NET Core apps?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



How do I use System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting in .NET Core apps?



I've used the System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting namespace a lot in ASP.NET MVC 5, Windows Forms, WPF and UWP apps but cannot see how you can use this namespace in .NET Core Web Apps?



I'm targeting .NET Core 2.1



Any help or pointers would be appreciated.




1 Answer
1



The System.Web namespace is not available on .Net Core, the reason being, it is tied to Windows through dependencies on things like http.sys.


System.Web


http.sys



While it may be possible to use it running Asp.Net Core on top of the full framework, you will find you loose a lot of the benefits of using core in the first place. I've not tried this namespace personally, but going off of other SO questions, it probably won't work properly anyway.





Thanks, I feared as much. I suppose I could try and use another charting library (there are a lot of them). I just love the DataVisualization so much!
– Lee Englestone
Aug 8 at 10:55






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard