Am I mutating the redux state in reducer?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Am I mutating the redux state in reducer?



I am trying to change one item in of an array in my state using a reducer.



State looks like:


state:
items: [

id: 1,
name: 'Superman',
wearsCape: true
,

id: 2,
name: 'Batman',
wearsCape: true
,

id: 3,
name: 'Iron Man',
wearsCape: false

];



I am trying to filter through all the items in the state to search for first occurance of a superhero that has name equal sHero.name. Then I am trying to change a property of found superhero. The reducer code looks like:


sHero.name


function findCapedCrusader(state, sHero )
var result = state.items.filter(s =>
return s.name === sHero.name;
);

result[0].wearsCape = false;

return ...state ;





Am I mutating the state by doing the above??



NOTE: apologies for stupid example. I am new to react and redux.









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard