Can't find collision layer in Unity 5.6.1?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Can't find collision layer in Unity 5.6.1?



So I have a little problem I wish you will help me to solve, I am following a course in udemy, the instructor added some gameobjects to a scene, he changed the tags, but when it comes to layers, he chose an option which I don't have in my Unity platform, he chosed collision layer but I don't have it, I was looking there and there But I didnt find someone having the same problem.



a photo from the course and photo of Unity I am using



I am new to Unity, and to gaming in general.
Any help would be much appreciated.





You can add layer by yourself. Just click on Add Layer...
– Ludovic Feltz
Aug 6 at 14:09





I added One, but things does not seem to work, which means that this is not the problem, thanks anyway ..
– TaouBen
Aug 6 at 14:11





Define "doesn't work"
– Draco18s
Aug 6 at 14:14





You can then decide which layer collide between them. Just go to Edit -> project settings -> Physics.
– Ludovic Feltz
Aug 6 at 14:15




1 Answer
1



'CollisionLayer' is a custom layer created by your Udemy instructor. You can click on 'Add Layer...' and create a new layer with the name of 'CollisionLayer'. You can then go to 'Edit > Project Settings > Physics' and set the necessary checkboxes in the collision matrix. The collision matrix is essentially a big grid and allows for you to determine which layers collide with each other (ex. you want to prevent objects on the layer 'Projectiles' from colliding with anything on the layer 'Water').






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard