Not showing device in target window after Android Studio update 2.3

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Not showing device in target window after Android Studio update 2.3



I recently updated my Android Studio to 2.3. Now it doesn't show my usb device(Sony C2305) in Select Deployment Target window which was working fine just before updating. When I connect my android device through USB Nothing to show is displayed in Select Deployment Target window. When I disconnect it, all emulators are showing.


Select Deployment Target


Nothing to show


Select Deployment Target



Device is shown in Android Monitor, so connection is fine. But not displaying in Select Deployment Target window.
Eveything was fine just before Android Studio updating to 2.3


Android Monitor


Select Deployment Target



enter image description here





Exactly the same problem here too.
– Steve
Mar 16 '17 at 9:46





@Steve: I solved the issue. please see my answer. Happy coding..
– SREE
Mar 16 '17 at 10:20





Yes, that works for me too! I don't see "Firebase plugin", but I have "Firebase App Indexing", "Firebase Services" and "Firebase Testing." I just disabled them all, and the problem magically went away.
– Steve
Mar 17 '17 at 12:41




4 Answers
4



1)disconnect and connect again device



2) go win taskManger
process tab
select adb.exe and click endtask
cancel device chooser and check again





I have tried all the basic techniques like restarting etc.
– SREE
Mar 15 '17 at 12:42





sometime i face same issue because of data cable not plugin correctly
– Ahmed Bukhari
Mar 15 '17 at 12:53





Device is detecting by android studio and i can see it in android monitor. But not showing in 'Select Deployment Target'
– SREE
Mar 15 '17 at 12:56






revert android stdio update
– Ahmed Bukhari
Mar 15 '17 at 13:01



I checked stack traces of studio and found that the issue was due to some error in Firebase plugin after Android Studio update. I'm not even using firebase in current project so I don't know how that makes a problem. I just disable firebase plugin and then now my device is showing in the Select Deployment Target window.


Select Deployment Target





Ya Its work for me Thanks Dear
– Manjeet Singh Goyal
Jul 24 at 6:53



In Android Studio 2.3 v162.3764568 this issue occurs due to a crash in Firebase Testing plugin.



Solution: Disable Firebase Testing plugin by going to File -> Settings and select Plugins on the left. Search for Firebase Testing and uncheck it and then click on Apply and OK.



Restart Android Studio and the issue is fixed for now.





Thanks for the reply and I solved the issue before by disabling the plugin
– SREE
Mar 16 '17 at 12:40





Thanks Work for me :)
– Manjeet Singh Goyal
Jul 24 at 6:54



Open console in android studio and try this :
adb kill-server ,
adb start-server ,
and,
adb devices





Doesn't work for me
– SREE
Mar 15 '17 at 12:56






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard