Import error geopandas, fiona

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Import error geopandas, fiona



I have an error with import geopandas, fiona.



When I'm trying to import geopandas


import geopandas as gpd



It returns me


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImportError Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-8-77a0d94ee2c6> in <module>()
5 #ret = add(1,3)
6 #print(ret)
----> 7 import geopandas as gpd

~Anaconda3libsite-packagesgeopandas__init__.py in <module>()
2 from geopandas.geodataframe import GeoDataFrame
3
----> 4 from geopandas.io.file import read_file
5 from geopandas.io.sql import read_postgis
6 from geopandas.tools import sjoin

~Anaconda3libsite-packagesgeopandasiofile.py in <module>()
1 import os
2
----> 3 import fiona
4 import numpy as np
5 import six

~Anaconda3libsite-packagesfiona__init__.py in <module>()
67 from six import string_types
68
---> 69 from fiona.collection import Collection, BytesCollection, vsi_path
70 from fiona._drivers import driver_count, GDALEnv
71 from fiona.drvsupport import supported_drivers

~Anaconda3libsite-packagesfionacollection.py in <module>()
7
8 from fiona import compat
----> 9 from fiona.ogrext import Iterator, ItemsIterator, KeysIterator
10 from fiona.ogrext import Session, WritingSession
11 from fiona.ogrext import (

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.



I used "conda install -c conda-forge geopandas" and found that geopandas is installed on C:UsersKimAnaconda3(by "conda list" in anaconda prompt ). But when I typed


import sys
'geopandas' in sys.modules



It has returned me "False"



I thought reinstalling anaconda could help me but it wasn't.



Is anyone has solved this problem?



FYI, I'm using windows 10 64bit




1 Answer
1



I had same problem and following commands help me.



First of all I added conda channels (last channel has highest priority).


conda config --add channels conda-forge
conda config --add channels anaconda



Then try to create new environment using conda.


conda create -n geoPython3 python=3.6 geopandas=0.4.0 gdal=2.2.4



Let me know if it helps.





Thanks you for your comment but it did't work for me. After followed above procedure(making venv after add channels), I just got exactly same error what I have got
– KimHG
Aug 13 at 7:17





In my case it was a problem with gdal. Try to download and install this one link conda install <downloaded file path>
– kil3r
Aug 13 at 11:30



conda install <downloaded file path>





thanks you for your comment.. But it's still not working.. I tried few ways so it could possibly mixed. I may need to wipe anaconda again to get right way
– KimHG
Aug 13 at 14:47





I just wipe out anaconda and follow the way written in"geoffboeing.com/2014/09/using-geopandas-windows/&quot; Have good day!
– KimHG
Aug 13 at 15:33






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard