Run R Shiny app on SharePoint

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Run R Shiny app on SharePoint



I am wondering if and how I can run a shiny app on the SharePoint of my company.
I tried to work with a flexdashboard following this post.
I managed to make this work with a simple app but not with my own app.



My app does not have static data, but retrieves data via API's, which I guessed was the reason a flexdashboard won't work (correct me if I'm wrong).



I have no experience in publishing/deploying shiny apps other than on shinyapps.io. In this case this will not be an option since the data is sensitive.



What are the options for me to make the app run on SharePoint?



Many thanks in advance.





You'll probably have better luck setting up a Shiny Server inside the company, rather than trying to publish on sharepoint
– Conor Neilson
Aug 6 at 7:52





@ConorNeilson I would love that to happen but we are a small company so a Shiny Server is way too expensive for us.
– Stan Zutt
Aug 6 at 7:58





If you're a small company, (and the app is just for internal use), then can you not just utilise the free version of Server?
– Conor Neilson
Aug 6 at 8:01





You do not have to use shiny server Pro you can check the free version. As a start you can check here deanattali.com/2015/05/09/…
– A. Suliman
Aug 6 at 8:02






I will look into that, thanks both. Was not aware there was a free version, my bad. Will let you know if it worked!
– Stan Zutt
Aug 6 at 8:09




1 Answer
1



For now I decided to host my app on shinyapps.io and added a login form to my app. This way the data in the app is still secure and not view-able for unwanted visitors.



I am still open for alternatives, so please let me know if there are any!






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard