Canvas buttons become invisible on android build when adding material in Unity

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Canvas buttons become invisible on android build when adding material in Unity



When adding material to any canvas button and building the game onto my Android device the button is no longer visible. However, when I run it on my computer I could see everything. This wasn't always the case, just yesterday the buttons were visible when running it with material on my device. Now, the only way I can see the buttons on Android is if I remove the material. I know that it is not my Android device because I tried multiple devices and got the same outcome. I am using the Unity version 2018.2.2f1. I also tried downgrading to versions 2018.2.1f1 and 2018.1.6f1 but still nothing. Please help.





Can you share in your question how the material and shader is configured? It might be different drawing orders or z buffer that causes that. You can test that by disabling everything behind your buttons, because the might be rendered in front of your buttons.
– JeanLuc
Aug 6 at 7:06





Turns out the plane that I added on my camera as a background was covering the buttons when I rendered. Thank you so much! How would I fix this issue? Would I just change the z-axis of my buttons?
– DarkT
Aug 6 at 7:13





you could adjust the z-axis of your button or setup the canvas plane distance or enable/disable z buffer in the shader.
– JeanLuc
Aug 6 at 9:30









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard