Create-React-App requires Node 4.0 or higher - on Windows

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP



Create-React-App requires Node 4.0 or higher - on Windows



I installed NodeJs LTS v8.11.3 for windows.
Then in cmd I wrote npm -g install create-react-app but I gave a an error that I need Node 4 or higher.



When I run node --v, I have got 0.12.2.



I didn't find how can I change it on windows. I already tried uninstall and restart computer, clean the cache, check windows path if nodeJs is here...



After that, still the same error:


*You are running Node 0.12.2.
Create React App requires Node 4 or higher.
Please update your version of Node.*



What should I do more? Thanks for ideas.





Go to Environment Variables dialog (Win+R, rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariables hit Enter). Check your PATH variable and look where the node path is pointing to. Change that path to your newer node location.
– Dominic
Aug 6 at 9:26



rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariables


PATH





Actual path is in Program Files under nodeJs folder. What do you mean by 'newer node location'? In that folder I can not see any files with versions.
– Thomas
Aug 6 at 9:31






I'm talking about the PATH environment variable which lists where your node bin is located, just follow those instructions and check it
– Dominic
Aug 6 at 9:53





Yes, I know - that's what I wrote. In PATH enviroment variable is path pointing to C:/ProgramFiles/nodeJs/.
– Thomas
Aug 6 at 10:21






There were 8.11.3. Exactly that version which I instaled. Actully, I solved it right now. After instalation there were still some files in ProgramFiles. It's weird for me. So I deleted them and instal nodeJs again. I have described the steps that helped me below.
– Thomas
Aug 6 at 11:22




2 Answers
2



I have moved from 0.8 to 0.10, using the .msi package, overwriting the one installed on my system. Package problems were all fixed with npm update -g. Worked like a charm.



In case it does not work like a charm:



npm cache clean usually fixes the problem. Once the cache is empty, just run npm update -g again.





Why would you be using such antiquated versions of Node? cache clean doesn't even exist in modern NPM it's cache verfy. But this is not an issue related to NPM anyway.
– Dominic
Aug 6 at 9:55



cache clean


cache verfy





Unfortunately nothing happend. Still same problem.
– Thomas
Aug 6 at 10:27



Ok, I solved it by these steps:



Thanks for your time.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Firebase Auth - with Email and Password - Check user already registered

Dynamically update html content plain JS

How to determine optimal route across keyboard